If you are at war, determine the outcome of the battle. The outcome depends on a series of tests to estimate the relative strength of the loyalist and rebel armies. You start the battle with a combat bonus of 0.
- Test Military > 1 to be of any use at all.
- Failure : -0.05 combat bonus
- If you are a Lumen, test Wield Magic ≥ 90:
- Success: You wreak havoc among the enemy. +0.5 combat bonus.
- Partial Success (> 70 < 90): Some of the enemy flee before you. +0.2 combat bonus
- Partial Success (> 40 < 70): You weaken the enemy. +0.1 combat bonus
- Failure: No effect.
- If your mood is afraid, you have a disadvantage. -0.2 combat bonus
The final outcome depends on the combat bonus, the proportion of rebels to loyalists in the army, whether you tried to arrest Arisse (rebel army size +200 as she converted the soldiers you sent to her side) or not, and whether you went for propaganda in week 29 and how effective it was (converts rebels into loyalists).
- Lose, and the game ends.
- Win, and the rebel leader is executed and you receive 1,000 lassi in tribute.
- Test Wield magic > 90. Success: halves your losses, doubles the rebel losses. Failure: no effect.
- Test Strategy > 100.
- Success: halves your losses, doubles the rebel losses.
- Failure: test Strategy + Logistics ≥ 170. Success: halves your losses. Failure: no effect.
- Test Cruelty > 10: +10% rebel losses. Failure: no effect.
- Test Battlefield Medicine + Herbs > 0:
- Success: you save 2*(Battlefield Medicine + Herbs) loyal soldiers. Failure: no effect.
- test cruelty < 5. Success: you also save (Battlefield Medicine + Herbs) rebel soldiers. Failure: no effect.
- If you invested in the hospital,
- Half your losses
- Test cruelty < 10: halves the rebel losses.
If you are not at war, witness a freak wind, and test Divination ≥ 40 to realize something. +1 Afraid
- If you avoided the civil war through compromise, choose:
- Dispatch soldiers: +1 Cheerful, Army Size -1200
- Don't: no immediate effect.
- If Arisse is your advisor: flavor text.
- If your concern in week 18 was foreigners or you took action regarding Shanjia in week 25: +1 Angry
If you offered to help Briony during week 28, and talked to her about her family, and she's not held hostage or sent back home during week 29: a letter arrives from her.
- If you gave Juliana's title to Ignatius, you learn that her parents are getting divorced (unlocks "Caused a couple to divorce").
- Test Ciphering ≥ 30 to discover a terrible family secret (and unlocks it).
If you reached a compromise with the rebels, their leader arrives to be your advisor. Test Court Manners ≥ 60 to inquire about your new fiancé.
|Events by Week|
|Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Week 8 | Week 9 | Week 10 | Week 11 | Week 12 | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 19 | Week 20 | Week 21 | Week 22 | Week 23 | Week 24 | Week 25 | Week 26 | Week 27 | Week 28 | Week 29 | Week 30 | Week 31 | Week 32 | Week 33 | Week 34 | Week 35 | Week 36 | Week 37 | Week 38 | Week 39 | Week 40|